Politics [all categories]
SAVAMA Agents in Denmark must be Identified
|UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!||next newest topic | next oldest topic|
|Author||Topic: SAVAMA Agents in Denmark must be Identified|
posted July 02, 2002 09:43
The presence of four high-ranking Islamic Republic of Iran spies in Denmark was reported in the Danish media on 23 June. The four agents of SAVAMA, the regime's Ministry of Intelligence, entered Denmark via Turkey and sought asylum in that country. According to these reports, there were a large number of documents in their possession about the regime's surveillance and intelligence gathering activities against the opposition and their plans to assassinate known opponents in Denmark and Scandinavian and other countries. From March until now, the Danish government has concealed this information from the Danish public and the Islamic regime's opponents who have been the victims of the regime's terrorist policies.
1. The Danish government's several-month-long concealment is an indication of this government's lack of resolve vis-ŕ-vis the terrorist and surveillance policies of the Islamic Republic. The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI) strongly condemns this policy.
2. The WPI declares that it is the right of groups opposed to the Islamic regime to have access to these documents and be immediately informed by Danish and other European governments about the Islamic regime's surveillance activities against the opposition. This is the best way to protect the leaders of parties demanding the Islamic Republic's ouster vis-ŕ-vis the regime's terrorism; at the same time, it is the most effective means of exerting political pressure on the Islamic Republic.
3. The WPI demands that the names and ranks of the four Islamic Republic intelligence service agents and all the relevant documents and information be disclosed.
4. The WPI emphasises that the Islamic Republic's embassies and its cultural and political institutions are centres of commanding and coordinating the regime's surveillance and terrorist activities against the opposition and must be shut down.
5. Once again, the WPI condemns the collaboration of European governments' with the Islamic Republic, including an EU policy of closer ties with the regime and restrictions on the regime's opposition. The WPI calls on all freedom-loving people, and labour and humanitarian organisations to protest against this reactionary and inhuman policy. http://www.WPIBriefing.com
All times are PT (US)
|next newest topic | next oldest topic|
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c